SCSI CD burner on OS 10.1 ????

Manimac

Registered
SCSI on OS X[/B]

Having installed 10.1 on my g3 450 and toast P2 I haven't been able to find my external scsi cd burner (yamaha 6416).

I'm using a adaptec 2930CU scsi card and have always worked fine on 9.2.1

Any Help!!!

By the way!!! I thing that the OS X is only for G4's. On my G3 467 things aren't that fast.

Jon

Sadly, SCSI devices are not supported (there are some exceptions). I have a beige G3 and my scanner and CD-R are useless, not to mention my serial Epson 740 printer, which is only supported by USB.

Out here in Tokyo, there are at least 3 other brands of PCI-bus SCSI cards stating OS X 10.1 support (not the Orange Grappler) but I'm a bit wary after reading multiple posts about lack of SCSI support for CD burning.

How about under 9.2? I have Jam 2.6 which was great for converting MP3s back to audio CDs, especially to eliminate the gap between tracks (great for bootlegs!). The cards are only between US$35-60 which is not a big deal, but I still don't want to throw my money down the drain...

Cheers.

Originally posted by fmalloy
Sadly, SCSI devices are not supported (there are some exceptions). I have a beige G3 and my scanner and CD-R are useless, not to mention my serial Epson 740 printer, which is only supported by USB.

Jaz - 1GB - Drive extern runs good on G3-300Mhz (beige)
but CD-Burner (Philips) is NOT recognized.
Look at System Profiler first, SCSI-Bus scanning works great, but some devices are NOT supported - as it seems ...

I was hoping my old Yamaha burner would work in 10.1 with Toast since it does in OS 9, but of course it didn't. I read the readme file, and found out that they haven't implented support for SCSI drivers in OS X Toast because SCSI isn't supported by the Mac OS X kernel...
Oh man, use your head a little, Roxio, how would it be possible to run OS X Server on G4 servers with SCSI drives, and how could I run OS X on my Powermac 8600, when SCSI isn't supported by the kernel???

Hello,

With my G4/400 with Adaptec 2906 SCSI Card, SCSI Helper and Toast P2, my Teac Burner is not recognized by Toast. Nevertheless, it appears in Apple System profiler.
Has anyone managed to get it to work ?
As for my old Agfa Snapscan 310, it works with Vuescan in 10.1.1

I have the same problem with my G4/450. I have one Adaptec 2940UW (it seems to be no support by Apple and Adaptec in OS X) and an old scsi CDR burner (Yamaha 4260)!. It can not be recognized by Mac OS X 10.1.1.

But after I installed SCSIhelper (download from versiontracker.com) and restarted. It can be recognized by Apple System Profiler, Disk burn, Disk copy and Toast 5.1b2!!! And now I can burn CD with an old unsupported 2940UW SCSI card and an old Yamaha 4260 CDR burner!

Take I try and you may have suprise!

Back