SE Graphite iBook - Won't Sleep

Trip

Registered
I own a SE Graphite iBook that I use 24/7 as my home and work computer. But whenever the battery is not pluged in I try to put it to sleep to save up some energy for later. So I close it up and the little sleep light turns on, then when I re-open it, it never awakes from sleep mode and I am forced to do a force restart.
Does anybody know how I can fix this problem? Do you think 10.1 might help?

I've heard that it helps to put your 'book to sleep through the Apple Menu instead of just closing the lid. I'm not sure what the difference is, but you may want to try that for a while.

Also, with OS X if you have an application running in Classic when you put the 'book to sleep it may take a long time to wake up, if at all.

The other thing that I've heard of that can cause machines not to wake up is if you have TCP/IP set to Active and your computer is not hooked to the internet, it can take 5 minutes or longer to look for an internet connection before giving up and continuing with it's 'wake up' procedures. Or whatever.

I don't know if this was an issue with the earlier 10.0.x versions but upgrading to 10.1 couldn't hurt. In fact you should do that anyhow.. good luck. :)

Back