Searching a smarter, more dynamic web album

gero

Registered
Hi,

I recently switched over to a macmini as my server and (of course) also started to use iPhoto as application to manage my photo's. As webalbum I'm using Gallery and I'm not completely satisfied. What I would like to have is a webalbum solution that is more tightly integrated with iPhoto. Some ideas:

• The webalbum should use the AlbumData.xml file of iPhoto.
  • Using the AlbumData.xml file it should select all photo's tagged with a defined keyword to be included in the webalbum (for example photo's tagged with keyword 'webalbum').
  • As default it should show the latest photo's added (which are tagged as 'webalbum'), but it should display all other keywords found in the AlbumData.xml file as checkboxes. By checking the keyword checkboxes a user can easily drill down to the selection of photo's that he/she is interested in.
  • Apart from the selection on keywords, it should be possible to select based on date (period).
Using this type of functionality you'd only need to tag photo's correctly in iPhoto and the webalbum would be updated dynamically.

Do you know if such a webalbum exists?

Regards,
Gero

The only thing that comes close to that is the Photo-Casting feature of iLife '06. I still prefer to manually choose which photos should be uploaded to the server by dragging them into a folder, as just having all your photos upload automatically would be a disaster waiting to happen.

Just to be sure, it is not my intend to publish all photos that I have in iPhoto. The webalbum should only include the photo's that have been tagged with a special keyword (example 'webalbum').

Gero

Back