Searching for apple media

Ifrit

Registered
Currently, I am working for an apple reseller.

In around 3 weeks "3D - animation days" a exhibition in Germany will take place.
My task is to create a small animation which will be played on some of the demo machines (G5, imacs etc.) there.

I've already finished the scene, but one important thing is missing... Guess what... yes a model (3D mesh) of an apple computer.

Spending several hours searching for (freeware)apple 3D models brought no results...
Then I decided that I'll create an ibook mesh out of some primitives + applying a high res texture . It doesn't need to be something high detailed (its only visible in the background) and I don't want to spend serveral weeks modeling on a own 3D mesh. Anyhow you won't be able to see the whole machine in the animation.
But then I couldn't even find any high-res photos/pictures of apple products. AArgh!

It would be really nice if someone could point me where to find such resources, or maybe he/she could provide his/her own. Thanks.

edit:

Animation timeline:

Black > fade in > logo of the reseller > fade out > start of animation > showing a butterfly on a flower > butterfly flies in various patterns over the landscape (meadow) > through the window in a building > flies over the table and then it sits on the trackpad of the ibook/powerbook disables sleep mode > ibook OSX screen fills the whole scene/perspective > you see the mousepointer selecting quicktime app, going fullscreen > black > the whole animation plays again

Thank you, I already knew there were some high res promotion pictures buried somewhere on the apple homepage, but even a google picture search on the apple.com domain brought no results.

Here is a screenshot of the scene I am currently working on... its nothing really fancy...

Attachments

• room1.jpg
    room1.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 10
That's actually a really good rendition. Your scene needs shadows, though! You probably know this... Also, I don't think you should use stone for the walls; it gives it a colder feel than you might want it to have.

Just for technical accuracy, moving the trackpad (on any Mac portable) will not wake it up, neither will clicking the button. You must type one of the keys to wake it. I doubt a butterfly even has enough landing force to move the cursor, much less push a key. However, if this is the sequence you want to use, then that's your choice; I'm just pointing out that it won't be technically accurate.

Will you be able to show the video to us?

Back