seems strange to me...

Tetano

Registered
maybe it's normal and I've never noticed it, but I don't think so... I first noticed it while try to locate an excel file... already repaired permissions...

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 21
Tetano said:
maybe it's normal and I've never noticed it, but I don't think so... I first noticed it while try to locate an excel file... already repaired permissions...
It might help if you told us what you problem is.

oh, sorry, I've seen the attachment and I forgot to add a red circle on the problem... the fact is that when I tried to find an excel file that I knew it was in my document folder, spotlight didn't work... I then decide to manually go to the document folder, I had a 'you don't have the priviledges to open this folder' message... I then get info on the document folder, and I saw I have no access (you can see it in the right part of the image) i try to manually set the ownership on my user, which is not an administrator, using the admin password, but it wasn't possible. I tried logging as admin, and changing the ownership from there, but it seems it wasn't possible. I then return to my user account, and then I can access the document folder, while if I get info it is signed as if I don't have any access... from the terminal, it seems that the permissions are set right for my user (drwx------)... ai I wrong?

It looks like your problem is solved, so, for others, after installing Tiger and then 10.4.1, I had to reset the permissions on a few files/folders. Who knows why, but really no problem.

Back