Selecting dock items

duane81

Registered
Is there a key that I can press to select a certain dock item? It would be like Command-Tab works, except it would hilight things that weren't currently running also. I just hate it when I know I got my program down there on the dock and I could just Command-something-Tab over to it, but instead I have to put my mouse down there and wait for the thing to pop up... Anyone know if this has been implemented?

-Duane
...Noiseless infinity...

"Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean people aren't out to get you." -?

Well, I think I know what your talking about, and the answer is to control-click (hold down the "ctrl" key while clicking). That brings up the contextual menu. Is that what you want?

Nah, I was hoping there was a key combo, like Command-Option-Tab that would hilight an element on the dock (without moving the mouse at all), and that way you could, say, hold Cmnd-Optn-and hit Tab three times to open the third program or file on the dock (you know what I mean?) Kindal like Command-Tab now, except it would enable you to start a program that wasn't running.. I'm not sure if I'm making any sense..

-\\duane//-

<center>...Noiselessinfinity....
"Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean people aren't<br> out to get you."<br>-?
</center>

I know what your talking about. A-dock under classic has that feature as an option. All you can do now is send in feedback to Apple. Personally it should be Command-Option-Tab to do what you want and Option-Tab to switch to another app and hide the current one.

Back