Selectively viewing Mail.app e-mails in plaintext?

Anthony

Registered
Ok, here's the problem:

I'm signed up to a couple of important e-mail lists that send e-mail in HTML format (and there is no option from them to receive only plain text messages.) The font size they use makes the messages microscopic on my 12" PB so I'm constantly clicking the "Bigger" text size button for each message. The font and size settings that are configurable in Mail's preferences only work for plain text messages.

I found a way to force ALL e-mail messages to plain text on MacOSXHints, but I still want to be able to view some messages in HTML. I already have filters set up to filter out the messages from the mailing lists, and I notice one of the filter action options is "Run AppleScript..."

My question is, is there a way to use AppleScript to selectively convert these messages of my choosing to plain text (by setting up filter rules)? I don't know how to write AppleScript so if anybody has any ideas it'd be reeeally appreciated. Thanks!

Are they sending multi-part messages? If so, all you have to do is hit opt-cmd-p (in Mail.app) to switch to the plain text version.

Back