Selling my G4 - Any ideas on price?

ignavilla

Registered
Looking for a little help. Hope you have some time to spare.

I'm looking to sell my G4... and do not know how much to ask for it. Any ideas? The specs:

G4/1.25 Ghz dual processor, 120GB Ultra ATA/66HD, 512MB RAM, DVD-R/CD-RW Drive, 56K Modem, ATI Radeon 9000 Pro 64MB graphics card.

Bought it about 4 years ago with a 17" studio display for $3,380.

Some ideas on prices with and without the display?

Greatly appreciated!!!!!

Unfortunately for you, since all of the new harware coming out of Apple, the old PowerPC computers have gotten cheap. I would say you could get around $500 for all of it.
Yes it will run OS X Server, I beleive, that computer actually was designed to be a server.

ok, but then for a small price more, I could basically just buy a mac mini, and server and get a cheap monitor, and there you go! :)

I'll give you $200.

The prices for PowerMac G4's are all over the place. The best decision I've ever made with selling my computers was when I sold my PowerMac G4; I picked a fair price, and sold it to someone I knew would actually use it. Don't fret too much, but if you can get upwards of 900 dollars on eBay, go for it.

If I were looking to buy, I would pay around 500 USD for the computer and 600 USD display included.

I think that you should try eBay. I sold an old G3 iBook for 350. I think that you could probably get 700 for it at the high end.

Back