Selling my Powerbook

jjsun

Registered
Hi all,

I am selling my Powerbook G4 via Ebay and I am buying a new MacBook. I have a couple questions regarding reformatting the hard drive.

1. I no longer have the OS discs that were shipped with the computer. However, my cousin has Mac OS 10.3 that were shipped with his Mac, but my Powerbook currently runs on Mac OS 10.4. If I use his discs to reformat, will it reformat successfully and will the Powerbook work properly??

2. If this does not work...do I buy a new copy of Mac OS X and reformat with that?

Thanks, I am looking to sell pretty soon, so if i can get a response soon that would be great. Thanks again!

i would think it should, you may have to run an update to bring it up to 10.4 . as long as your cousin has the same powerbook. but i'm not a pro.

I wish they would make laptops that weren't flat and would have a slight upward curve to them. It would look kinda cool from the side since there would be a slight arc underneath the laptop where they could place a small blue light so that the surface underneath(table, carpet...etc) would glow. But enough of the aesthetics, the reason I want it is that I hate typing on a flat keyboard, even the slightest .2 or .3 inch rise from front to back would help.

well, you could do that but there is a know problem with macs about that. if you install software that was previous to what your mac was shipped with, then it will have problems such as not properly using the track pad, or so I have heard. You could also just Secure Empty Trash everything...I think

Back