Sending a Fax in OSX

Count_Rugen

Registered
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone was aware of any good programs that let you send a fax in OSX. I am connected to a LAN on an ADSL connection, and it seems that all the programs I have come across so far dont mention broadband connections at all. All I have seen require dial-up. I was hoping somebody could steer me in the right direction to send faxes using broadband.
Cheers
Count Rugen

Sorry, dude, but the HOWTO forum is not a forum for questions, but solutions. Check the rules...
About your question: you can't use your boradband to send fax. You will need a service-provider, that accepts your fax and send it over the regular phone line. Some email-providers offer this service. It's the same like calling into regular phone-lines from your broadband. Without a provider for such a service it is impossible.
Using dial-up is the best solution.
About programms: what os are you using? Panther has a fax-program in the bundle.

And Panther does it pretty damn fine as well (I faxed my BBEdit order form from UK to USA... took literally 5 minutes to setup (4 if you account for time trying to find my iMac's modem cable ;) )

Thanks Guys - sorry about sending it to the wrong place. I realised just after i sent it that it was to the wrong place. I had set up FAXstf pro to send the faxes, but i might check out whats bundled with Panther. Thanks for the replies!
Cheerio
Count Rugen

Back