Sendmail to local user........Help!

oktg78

Registered
Can someone help me about SENDMAIL?

Problem: I can use sendmail to anywhere except local user.

Detail: our domail is www.12345.com, and mail server is mail.12345.com. on one of Mac OS X server mac1.12345.com, I can use sendmail to anywhere (like abc@aol.com, abc@yahoo.com). But if i use sendmail to my localuser like webmaster@12345.com, it failed.

Enviroment: Tested on Mac 10.0.4 and 10.1.1, none of them work.

Thanks.

It would help to know the error. Several things can be checked in the ServerAmin however, there is a host configuration option that lets you list the domains hosted localy. Under each User in the User and Goups setup there is a selection for controling the user's mail. So, check if it is a domain or user error an d fix accordingly.

The DNS setup of the domain is also involved here, The zone record for the domain needs to have an MX record that points to the host that sendmail is running on. In previous versions I had to run DNS locallly to get mail sent out from local domains, but that hasn't been the case for 10.1.1.

Do you have the "sendmail" daemon running on the box that will receive the email (in your case the box named 12345.com)? If you're not sure then from the terminal type:

ps -auxc | grep sendmail

...to see if 'sendmail' is running. If it is running then you probably have a DNS issue with 12345.com. Otherwise proceed thusly....

To get sendmail to start up when you boot the machine you need to edit one of the system-wide configuration files like so:

sudo pico /etc/hostconfig

...and change the line which reads:

MAILSERVER=-NO-

to

MAILSERVER=-YES-

This causes the following script to be invoked at boot time:
/System/Library/StartupItems/Sendmail/Sendmail

You can run this script manually with:

sudo /System/Library/StartupItems/Sendmail/Sendmail

my mail log say "permision deny" when mail.local try to lock the user mail file :

Dec 8 17:54:59 localhost mail.local: setreuid(0, 501): Operation not permitted (r=501, e=501)
Dec 8 17:54:59 localhost sendmail[2058]: fB8Gswn02057: to=<joan>, ctladdr=<joan@canibals.fr> (501/20), delay=00:00:01,

the configuration of the mailer.local of sendmail is :

Mlocal, Path=/usr/libexec/mail.local, Flags=lsDFMrmn:/|wA9q,
Sender=10, Recipient=20, Argv=mail -d $u

if anyone have a idea?

Back