Sent Mail Getting Tagged as Junk

loopdesign

Registered
Greetings,
I've recently been plagued with some frustrating Mail.app issues resolving my Junk Mail Filter settings. One the advice of a helpful responder on this site, I resorted to trashing my junk filtering definition file. This seems to have resolved some of the "false positive" issues I was experiencing; but I was just looking through my SENT folder for a specific email ... and I notice that a large majority of my SENT emails are tagged as JUNK (?) I'm assuming this means they'll be auto-deleted after 30 days (?) Is there some way I can correct this? I've never heard of a Junk Mail filter setting that scrutinizes outgoing mail? Pretty bizarre, no?

Well, if you're a _spammer_, of course that would happen. :p (just kidding, of course, but look at the messages that have been marked as spam in that sent folder to see whether there's anything that could've triggered the filter...)

You _can_ select the messages and hit Cmd-Shift-J to mark them as non-spam. After a while, the filter should adapt and not mark them again.

Also make sure that there's no rule in your Mail preferences that would mark messages as spam when the sender is that E-Mail address.

Back