Sent Mail Getting Tagged as Junk

loopdesign

Registered
Greetings,
I've recently been plagued with some frustrating Mail.app issues resolving my Junk Mail Filter settings. One the advice of a helpful responder on this site, I resorted to trashing my junk filtering definition file. This seems to have resolved some of the "false positive" issues I was experiencing; but I was just looking through my SENT folder for a specific email ... and I notice that a large majority of my SENT emails are tagged as JUNK (?) I'm assuming this means they'll be auto-deleted after 30 days (?) Is there some way I can correct this? I've never heard of a Junk Mail filter setting that scrutinizes outgoing mail? Pretty bizarre, no?

I bcc most mail that I send to myself (I have filters that take care of archiving message threads outside of the Sent folder).. and I've noticed that nearly everything with my address in the From header gets tagged as Junk by Mail.app. I suspect this is a static rule in the junk filter, to automatically tag all that mail that gets sent with a forged From header. I actually came to the forum to see if I could find a way to alter that...

Anyone have ideas?

You know that you could put your Junk Filter back into training mode. Keep it training mode until you no longer get false positives.

Actually, no I don't. Thunderbird is kinda annoying, in several significant ways. i don't think anyone said anything about "constant problems".. we've just got this one irritation with the junk filter.

Well, then, train away. If it isn't listing to the training, you might want to reset the preferences.

Back