Sent Mail messages not showing in Mailboxes in Mail app

fuzz

Registered
Hi,

I've a conundrum with the Mail application in OS 10.4.10 where the Sent and Draft messages do not show up in the Sent and Draft mailboxes. I have the Mail preference set so that my Sent and Draft messages are stored on the server. My email accounts with the webhost have their Draft, Inbox, Junk, and Sent boxes show up as folders under the main mailbox, named "Jewelry."

I have to click on mailbox "Jewelry" to see my in box. The folders named "INBOX_Drafts/Trash/Sent" do not show my in box. The Sent Messages and sent-mail boxes do not show my sent messages. It actually shows some messages from 2006 and 2007 which are not current. My webhost has not been helpful.

Does anybody have any idea what to do so I can see my Sent messages from multiple computers? I prefer not to store my sent messages on the local computer.

See attachment for screen shot

Thanks!
Daniel

Attachments

• Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    66.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Picture 6.png
    Picture 6.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 7
From the attached pic it appears that your IN box is actually a subfolder inside your JEWELRY box. That should not be the case. You should have a separate IN box like on the pic below. You may have to re-set up your folders so Mail knows where to put things. The IN, SENT, TRASH & JUNK folders are all main folders which Mail uses. If you put them inside other folders Mail may not find them.

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 8
How do I change it so it's not in the Jewelry Mailbox? I didn't do anything to put it in there. It just kinda changed on all my computers one day ...

Is your account named Jewelry? Check preferences > account for Mail.app.
That could still be an IMAP box.

Back