Separate Volume Controls

bjneuman

Registered
I don't think this is already possible, and if it is, I certainly haven't found out about it and don't believe there is a UI for it, but is there any chance that in OS X we will have the ability to separately control the volumes for each application? The fact that there is only a main volume control is very frustrating, because if I want to play music relatively loudly in, say, iTunes, while using AOL IM, I am deafened every time I get a new instant message, or someone signs off, or whatever.
This is a feature that is missing in not only the mac os, but I believe windows as well. I was going to go to the beta feedback page to write to apple to suggest it, but I couldn't find the feedback form - did they delete it when they announced the shipping date of 1.0?
Any help or info you can give me would be great. Thanks.

Apple hid the feedback forum. Search the forum someone else had the address posted but I can't remember it at the moment.

But what if Apple could make a control panel where you could set the volume for every single app in one window?

Originally posted by boma
But what if Apple could make a control panel where you could set the volume for every single app in one window?

that is exactly the feature I am looking for - or maybe in the get info box of each application you could set the volume different from the system volume. either one was exactly what i was talking about.

Back