Server not shown in Finder window

Narayanan

Registered
Greetings. My PB (10.4.2) is the only Mac in a Windows network. I have some strange connectivity problem with the Windows 2003 server.
I am able to connect to few shared folders of the server by selecting them from the 'Recent Items' menu option. However, when I am trying to connect to the server thru 'Connect to server' option, it is not going at all.

("Connection Failed. The server may not exist or it is not operational at this time. Check the server name or IP address and try again.")

Previously, the Finder window used to show the server when I drill-down from 'Network'. Now it is blank. The 'network' drives/directories are not visible.
What could be the problem?
Thanks for your help.

We have no idea how you're actually connecting to the server, so it's impossible to tell what the problem is.

Are you using something like "smb://server-ip/sharename" or "cifs://server-ip/sharename"? Are you specifying your username and password with the connection string, or entering them into the dialog that pops up after you connect? Is the server using SMB/CIFS, AFP, or some other protocol?

Back