Service -> Send File / Problem

LordCoven

Registered
Hey there,

After just having upgraded to Panther, I was very disappointed to find that one of my favorite features is now faulty ... from Finder, go to the Finder menu, then Services, then Mail, then Send File. In Jaguar, this opened Mail, then popped open a new message and adds the file as an attachment. Great. However, in Panther, it creates a new mail message with the attachment, but doesn't show it. This means, I have to manually go into the Drafts folder, find the message (it doesn't have Subject or To, so its almost blank hence its not immediately obvious you've just done if you're doing multiple ones) and fill it out and send it. A bit of a long way round.

Does anyone know if this is an incidental feature (bug) or whether I have something configured wrong?

Cheers,
C

Well, works fine in here. Although I don't understand why you don't simply drag the file over your mail.app icon, which should be the best way. However, sounds like something is slightly wrong on your panther. If it's bothering you a lot, why don't you just setup a new user account to test if things work fine over there. If they do, you know it has something to do with the plist files of a certain app. (which is actually not that helpful anyway since you can't be sure which one it is ;))

Cool - I'll give that a go when I have a moment :)
I haven't really ever gotten into the whole drag thing, because I tend to use the keyboard and shortcuts more than anything else - hence I tend to go via the menus because those are generally accessible via keyboard. I hope I can find out what's going on ...
Cheers,
C

Back