Services Missing After Os X Server Install

mackalien

Registered
I recently installed Panther OS X server. I am attempting to setup sharing but there are only 3 options available - Remote login, Apple Remote Desktop and Remote Apple events. Did I miss the option to install all components during the initial install and is there a way to add the components now?

mackalien said:
I recently installed Panther OS X server. I am attempting to setup sharing but there are only 3 options available - Remote login, Apple Remote Desktop and Remote Apple events. Did I miss the option to install all components during the initial install and is there a way to add the components now?

For sharing you need to run the workgroup manager to handle the stuff you wish to share (users, groups and disks/maps/files.

But first you have to run server admin and start AFP (and Windows) services. Also for AFP, you need to activate AppleTalk in Network under the configuration menu.

Goodluck, Kees

In your Applications folder you should have a folder labled "Server"
Inside are 2 apps that you must use to control all the functions of OS X Server. First is "Server Admin" and the second is "Workgroup manager"
there are no setting via the control pannel like the OS X Client version. This is to insure that all users get the same settings instead of having to login each and every name to set up the individual functions. You can control everything from users to shares in these 2 apps.

Back