Setting DVD region code

Count_Rugen

Registered
I want to change my Drive Region Code - I am told that 'This is the last time you can change the drive region code'. I set the new Drive Setting to Region Code 4 (Previously 1) and click 'Set Drive Region' and window pops up saying:
There was a problem changing the drive region code.
Error: -70001

I'm running version 10.3.9 on an iMac G5 800MHz and all my updates are current.

Any idea how I can fix this?

When i hit the 'Set Drive Region' button, i get the error. If I hit cancel, the disc ejects, and if i put it in again, the same thing happens.

it's easier to just use VLC instead of Apple's DVD player. at least for the disks that are in another region code than the one your drive is set to. www.videolan.org does the trick. you have to make sure that DVD player doesn't start when you put in a DVD.

ok so my mac is region 1, however i am living in japan so everythin here is region 2. i told iMac not to launch my dvd player when DVD is inserted. i pushed the dvd in and then loaded VLC. at no time did DVD Player load. However, VLC still cant find the dvd and neither can handbrake.

help!

peace
Jessee

Hm. That rather sounds like a defective DVD. Is it mounted in the Finder? It has to be (and region is not checked for this).

Back