Setting up bluetooth in mac 0sx.3.9

SoldierBean

Registered
I'm having problems with bluetooth,
I've been told that with a mac, all you have to do is attach the dongle via usb and it will connect you, but it's not really working!
The icon menu has an option to setup bluetooth device, which I guess is what I want, but nothing happens when I click on it. At the same time, I have been able to pair my phone with it, but in preferences although it lists the phone as being paired, it says 'not connected'
I am aware that everyone here seems to be very smart about computers, so apologies if this seems like a dumb question!

Thanks,

Soldierbean

It depends of what you would like to connect.... and what kind of dongle you use.

First connect the dongle usb, if it's osx compatible you shouldn't install driver (best experience with dlink usb adapter)

For general use follow this:

We use the bluetooth setup assistant:

a- open Applications ->Utilities -> Bluetooth Setup Assistant
b- select the type of device (if it is a phone and need script install script before)
c- do the pair with the device.
d-if it is a phone select if you would like access internet or other service.
e-other configuration depends of type of device and provider (telephone co and isp)
f- if you have to use a network serveice use "Internet Connect" to create a connection, you should see the bluetooth label in the choices.
g- If you shouldn't see the bluetooth label you have to active the bluetooth in the network preferences: network port configurations.

have a good work!

bye
fede

Back