Setting up Sendmail & PHP

Fahrvergnuugen

I am the law!
How do you get sendmail to work with php? I searched this forum for topics with sendmail in them and somebody noticed that during an OSX update, the permissions for / are changed.

I followed the instructions:

chmod g-w /
/usr/sbin/sendmail -bd -q1h

I then changed my /usr/local/lib/php.ini file to use /usr/sbin/sendmail as the sendmail_path. I restared apache using the web sharing control panel and tried to send am email with a php script.

No luck. The script didn't give me any errors. I used Mail.app and changed my sendmail location to "localhost". I then sent myself an email. I recieved the email which lead me to believe that sendmail is working fine. The headers of the email says:

Received: from localhost (localhost.nycap.rr.com [127.0.0.1]) by localhost.nycap.rr.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,

it looks like as if sendmail <i>is</i> running. Otherwise you wouldn't this mail would not have been delivered to you.
Do a:
"ps auxw |grep sendmail" a check wether sendmail is running or not.
If it is running check "/var/log/system.log" and "/var/log/mail.log" for errors. Maybe it's a good start to follow these log by using "tail -f" on them in two terminal windows.

HTH

cu:Stray

Back