Setup ps2 online?

sUICIDE_mONKEY

Registered
Does anyone know how to set up a ps2 to work online? I have a tesco adsl connection, the modem is a wireless g belkin router... i tried conecting the ps2 to my powerbook, which picks up the wifi signal, and share it through the ethernet port. it didnt work.
Then brought it upstairs and connected it directly to the router... still wont get the connection... :(

you need to explain your set up

PS2>wireless router ~~~~ wireless DSL modem
PS2>wireless router ~~~~ wireless modem>DSL modem?

and give me a more specific model
wireless router?
network access point?
model number?

or better yet! buy a linksys wireless game adapter
802.11b $70 USD
802.11g $99 USD

with the press of one button, your on line. (and i think it is cheeper than the belkin one you have now)

i have a ps2 with network adapter and my powerbook in one room and and adsl connection in another room, its an adsl connection so its over the fone line not a dedicated broadband line, eg ntl, i dont know the model of the belkin router but will find out, its has an adsl modem built into it. Its similar if not actually the same as this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...9319/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_19_1/026-3103510-9046859
When i connect the ps2 to my powerbook and share the connection through it, the ps2 tests pick up the ip address and they pass the first test, when they go on to the dsl tests, it fails on the primary one
Ive tried connecting the ps2 upstairs directly to the router modem but it wont even pick up the ip number
Also when connected to my powerbook it assigned itslelf the powerbooks ip number... that cant be right can it?
Also i cant afford to be buying additional gaming bridges at the moment... too much christmas shopping yet to do :)

yeah i've checked that out but cant find anything of use on it, also tried putting all the numbers of the dns servers manually but still wont work....

you know what, i think you need a wireless bridge and not just a router (if i am not mistaken) but other than that i can't think of any reason

Back