sftp with panther

donkey

Registered
is it possible to connect to a server that doesn't accept ftp connection but does accept sftp ones? i'm using panther. i'd like to do it throught the "connect to server" option in finder.

I tried it via the 'connect to server' option in the finder, and couldn't do it that way.

The way I connect to the servers at my school are as follows: (from the terminal)

sftp accountName@host.com

this will get me to the password prompt, and let me upload/download my files as I need.

FTP and SFTP are not dependent on each other so yes.

Fugu is a great SFTP client.

Cheers.

donkey said:
is it possible to connect to a server that doesn't accept ftp connection but does accept sftp ones? i'm using panther. i'd like to do it throught the "connect to server" option in finder.

can you enter a URL like
sftp://host.domain
or
sftp://user@host.domain
?

I think I recall that that will be like connecting to an ftp server in the finder - read access only, even if you connect as someone with read/write access permissions.

can you enter a URL like
sftp://host.domain
or
sftp://user@host.domain

can't do that. to naodx, i know how to use all this junk from the cl, but i hate it most of the time. i get tired of typing.

i'll try fugu

I am also interested in doing this, although Fugu is very cool, I really want to be able to mount via ssh/sftp. (ie. mount_sftp). Not sync/ftp a local dir with a remote one, but work straight on a remote dir.

Is there anything out there that lets you do this? There is lufs (http://lufs.sourceforge.net/) but that is only for Linux.

Thanks

Back