Shaddup about G5 PowerBooks already!

I agree with Rand, I think that ppl really need to get over their joe-average'ish mentality of having to have the "latest" machine out there. Just because you have the ability to buy the latest, that doesn't mean you need it, or will even USE that extra power. If you have a machine now that you have been using for your work for months or years, then why all of a sudden is it not working? Answer: It still is, your just fighting with the joe-average mentality. I think that ppl need to sit back, relax, and enjoy what Apple is dishing out right now. Apple's been around for a while, and you should be rest-assured that they will do their job. And, as the consumer, you should do your job and stop whining about a 1 second diff in a video editing app or a 5 FPS difference in the latest game.

As for the Wintel world, I think that you all are forgeting a very important point. THEY RUN ON WINDOWS! Come on, why compare ourselves to the cesspool of the computer market? They might have a machine that has a better screen, processor, etc., but that counts as near nothing in my book.

i saying that they could learn something from the winel world, which *SHOCK* isn't all complete farce. there are some good ideas there, just a lot of them are badly implemented. (i still find the mac finder to be slightly clumsy compared to windows 'my computer', but that's another debate entirely.)

i'm saying a dedicated PowerPC portable chip would be a really good direction to go - the G5 has absolutly no consideration for power consumption or heat - the PowerMac G5 is one big cooling tower. beacuse it can be. laptops are'nt unlimited.

but apple also need a major reason for justify a major form factor change - that's the clincher that everyone wants to see - what will the new PBooks look like? that's the exciting bit - where will the innovation come from? and not just the chip - my g5 is fast but it's not completely life changing. i want silly high-res screens, like i said before - HD (1900x1200) powerbook displays - that'd be pro. - that really would change the way you work, more than 200mHz ever will

Qion said:
I agree with Rand, I think that ppl really need to get over their joe-average'ish mentality of having to have the "latest" machine out there. Just because you have the ability to buy the latest, that doesn't mean you need it, or will even USE that extra power. If you have a machine now that you have been using for your work for months or years, then why all of a sudden is it not working? Answer: It still is, your just fighting with the joe-average mentality. I think that ppl need to sit back, relax, and enjoy what Apple is dishing out right now. Apple's been around for a while, and you should be rest-assured that they will do their job. And, as the consumer, you should do your job and stop whining about a 1 second diff in a video editing app or a 5 FPS difference in the latest game.

As for the Wintel world, I think that you all are forgeting a very important point. THEY RUN ON WINDOWS! Come on, why compare ourselves to the cesspool of the computer market? They might have a machine that has a better screen, processor, etc., but that counts as near nothing in my book.

I completely agree with you. Absolutely right.

Back