Shadowbane

Langley

Registered
I want to purcahse an cool online game....has anyone played this? I have seen bad reviews but it look cool to me!

It's gotten some very bad reviews for good reason. It was released as a beta quality product. Now it's two months later, and the game has actually gotten less stable. The servers are completely unstable. The graphics are about EQ Classic quality, only it's not smooth, the frame rate is choppy and hangs frequently, it really doesn't seem to do with how fast your computer is though, even on many high end machines it'll run like garbage. There's a horrible point and click interface.

Gameplay wise, it's fun and entertaining. Character development is really in depth. But you don't have to spend months maxxing out your character like games such as EQ. You don't have to camp items for hours on end. There are no tedious quests. An experienced player can easily max a character out in about a week.

The game isn't about fighting mediocre AI controlled mobs. It's about joining a guild, and going out for group vs. group or guild vs. guild conflicts. Even dueling has little emphasis.

I think it's a very enjoyable game, but it is flawed, and certainly not for everyone. Most people will hate it.

Back