Shall we invite Mac haters?

Shall we invite Mac haters?

• Yes! I'm ready to rumble!

• No! I don't like confrontation!

• Yes, but let them come in on their own.

• No! I don't want them here at all!

Results are only viewable after voting.
just to add my 2¢...

i come to these message boards for INFORMATION... not to duke it out with a bunch of PC trolls.

Ummm, yeah. What Herve said. I think.

You've all pretty much covered anything I'd say so I'll keep it short.

No.

Update:
I got an email from Twyg H and he will be modifying the poll shortly to include something like "Yes, but only if they play well with others". That way (hopefully) all of us will have something to vote on.

Regardless of how the poll ends up, I want the long-timers here to know that I am listening to them, and even in light of this thread, I respect your "forum-wisdom".

That said, the poll currently shows 16 to 10, in favor of an invitation. I wouldn't mind a little diversity, even if that means some flame-baggage along with that. Even if 15 trolls come by, nobody's forcing you to type anything. Nobody's forcing you to read anything. It is totally your choice what you do. And it's people like you that make this place great.

We have the ignore setting, and for those who get a kick out of debate like RacerX, this will be a fun thing.

Also, I'm not afraid of new Mac users reading "MACZZ SUCK BECAUSE THEY JUST DO", because the argument has no basis. Being polite and posting fact will be a great encouragement for any newbies reading. Intelligent PC users will add to the debate, and if a user can gain insight from it, all the better I say.

So my vote remains YES!

You can already find plenty of lively discussion here @ arstechnica.

One of the things that makes this forum exceptional is its unusually high signal to noise ratio. Almost as many answers can be found on osx.macnn.com, but who has the time for a search on that slug (when it is up).

When you get a little older you start to learn that religious arguments are boring and there are no good reasons to invite them...

Instead you learn that being around the kind of people you like instead of those you don't is more rewarding.

You may call this "closed minded", but I prefer saving my energy to better understand good things.

:eek:

You can already find plenty of lively discussion here @ arstechnica.

One of the things that makes this forum exceptional is its unusually high signal to noise ratio. Almost as many answers can be found on osx.macnn.com, but who has the time for a search on that slug (when it is up).

I would hate to see this site get needlessly invaded by a bunch of Mac-hating Windows users. If I want to argue the merits of a Mac as compaired to a Windows machine, I can that almost anywhere. If I need help with my Mac or want to discuss hot Apple topics, I can come here. Please don't ruin that for us.

testy and others - please bring yourselves to overlook matt's opinionated wording of the question and answers and just vote on a yes/no basis. I voted no and we all know i don't run from confrontation when it finds me.;)

i might also point out that few of the people who have posted yes are going to actually participate in matt's proposed conflict. not a one has come forward to say "you're all a bunch of whiners, make the invitation because....". they vote and lurk. we who "do not like confrontation" have all confronted you just fine matt. and with more legitimate reasons than you have even begun to offer for why you would even consider doing such a thing.

Poll is changed, as you can see.

Currently it's 17 yes, 18 no.

I can reset the poll if so desired, just let me know.

I've never seen such a buncha morons as I have seen on this ihateapple.com website. On both sides of the argument you see absolutists that argue from ignorance.

I voted NO for the eloquent reasons given by TommyWillB.

My interpretation of your true intentions MDLarson...

"...will have a ball with this, maybe, and I know I would love to sit back and watch…"

You sound like quite the weasely instigator here MDLarson. If you want to invite such flame you are expected to participate in them, not just light the fire and stand back to watch the building burn.

"I did post this with the intention of inviting and encouraging lively debate that would hopefully be without too much bloodshed. I sometimes a dose of PC people and their complaints would do us good, and that was my motivation for such a thread."

Such as these subjects are hardly debates. You know this I'm sure! The mention of bloodshed reveals you've witnessed a few yourself and contradicts your intentions as you plead them.

"Regardless of how the poll ends up, I want the long-timers here to know that I am listening to them, and even in light of this thread, I respect your "forum-wisdom".

I found this statement rather insulting and again contradicting to your initial post of said thread. I think you have missed the point entirely even when your nose is placed right up to the dung. Take a good whiff sir and clear that clouded head of yours.
:D

hmm whats this, youve decided its boring around here without some good debates, well i thought i used to contribute to some decent discussions but that was until people around here started to delete my perfectly acceptible threads for no reason, now i mearly browse this forum once a week and never post except this once since you were on the topic of flame wars.

Believe me its all well and good inviting conversation from others who have differing views but none of them who have a brain anyway will stick around when the admins around here start deleting your threads for no reason.

I don't think that! If you have something important then you need to make a backup. If I think about something and I can make a copy from my thoughts. (I don't know but I thought you were dutch)

No!! Have you seen Anything Apple in the MacAddict boards lately. The place is getting better but it has been hit my aa nuclear bomb every post ends up with a flame war and there are so many posts being locked and deleted everyday I come her for information and the MacAddict boards because they are fun when people aren't yelling at each other.

i thought i used to contribute to some decent discussions but that was until people around here started to delete my perfectly acceptible threads for no reason

I never delete a post.

Move a post? Yes. Censor a post for profanity. Yes.

But regardless of what's in a post, save blatant facism, nazi propoganda, and arguments that all purple people eatings are justified I will never delete a post because the person said something I don't agree with.

If that were the case you wouldn't see Ed here very much anymore. :p
(Totally kidding Ed!)
*twyg throws an arm around Ed*

So get over it FrgMstr. I'm not out to delete your posts. On other areas who knows, but Admin made a point to never delete a post. It gives favortism when as a moderator one should be neutral. Which on these boards I do my best to do. (When it comes to moving, and checking for bad stuff)

ditto.

moved many a post. deleted ONE and not because I didn't agree with it. In fact, I agreed with it, several individuals, however, were insulted by the way it was expressed... and, there were three other threads expressing the same opinion in a mature, non-insulting manner.

Back