Shared Internet-via-Airport works wirelessly... but not with a DSi?

aruberu

Registered
Hello, I've seen this problem on other sites and they've offered various suggestions... having now tried said suggestions and still with no luck, I implore the help of these forums! :)

Using an Intel, I've been able to broadcast out an Internet signal using Airport which can be "picked up" by a Nintendo DSi and Wii. Using WEP or nothing, changing the channels, nothing I can think of will get the DSi to actually connect (it will find the access point, try to connect, and then give me back a "can't locate IP" error). Naturally, I thought maybe something was flaky with my Airport and that nothing would connect... until I tried a WEP-protected connection to the Wii.

The Wii connected just fine, did an (admittedly slow) update, and then I could peruse online with it. Since I was able to still play online a good hour later, I assume the connection was at least strong enough for that.

Any advice for how to fix this so the DSi can connect? It should be able to use WPA, WPA2, and WEP... there have been suggestions for manually inputting everything (IP address, subnet, gateway, DNS servers) into the DSi, but would I use the computer's IP address, subnet, etc.? Since I'm going through Airport, wouldn't I have to use info pertaining to it instead?

If anything needs elaboration, I'll try to help. :) Thanks much.

[edit: Is there anything I can possibly clarify to help? One theory I believe I can eliminate is the possibility of the signal dropping... since the Wii could pick up and use a connection for online play between about 6 walls or so, meanwhile I've parked myself right next to computer with Airport when attempting the DSi. :/

Thanks again.]

Last edited:
Back