Shared Library Error & Flash Not Working

hinotoxin

Registered
I did a search for this and found a few topics, some of which said to repair the disk permissions and reinstall the OS, both of which I have done.
I can't open IE, Photoshop, Illustrator, ImageReady, my Flash is not working and I tried to reinstall it but the installer won't even open because of that error.

I was on OS 10.4.2 when it happened, then updated to 10.4.4 but keep getting the same problem.

This is very frustrating! I can't use Photoshop or Dreamweaver! And I can't go on lots of sites because my Flash is not working. Does anyone have a working solution for this?

PLEASE does anyone have a way to fix this? Other than reinstalling the OS and repairing permissions?
I tried installing my Tiger disk but it said there was an error, and now I've realised, I can't watch Quicktime movies.. well some I can hear but can't see. I tried to open DivX 5.2.1 and it gave the CarbonLib error >:[ Also RealPlayer won't open... X[
I also think my screensaver isn't working because of it.. I think I recall reading someone else experienced this too.

PLEASE HELP

Wow, that sounds serious. What does the system log say when you try to open dreamweaver, or one of the other broken programs?
(about this mac -> more info -> logs)

Sorry, not sure which part is in reference to me trying to open the program, but here is the top part of the log:

system.log:

Description: System events log
Size: 18.01 KB
Last Modified: 22/02/2006 00:47
Recent Contents: ...
Feb 21 20:18:24 Elizabeth-McLernons-Computer lookupd[88]: lookupd (version 369.2) starting - Tue Feb 21 20:18:24 2006
Feb 21 20:18:25 Elizabeth-McLernons-Computer configd[36]: target=enable-network: disabled
Feb 21 20:18:26 Elizabeth-McLernons-Computer configd[36]: setting hostname to "cpc3-belc3-0-0-cust100.belf.cable.ntl.com"
Feb 21 20:18:27 Elizabeth-McLernons-Computer configd[36]: AppleTalk startup complete
aped[66]: Not affecting super-user process ifcstart[178]. This is just an informative message. It is not causing your problem.
Feb 21 20:53:15 Elizabeth-McLernons-Computer configd[36]: AppleTalk shutdown
Feb 21 20:53:15 Elizabeth-McLernons-Computer configd[36]: AppleTalk shutdown complete
Feb 21 21:12:26 Elizabeth-McLernons-Computer kernel[0]: System Sleep

Hmm actually, looking over this now, I'm not sure if any of it is in reference to me trying to open the program. The time says 20.18, but it's after midnight.

Back