SHaring a DSL connection using IPNetRouter--How??

avalenz

Registered
Hi,

I recently installed OS X PB on my iMac which is (or was) sharing a DSL connection with my Beige G3 that is running OS 9 and IPNetRouter. Before installing OS X PB, the iMac and G3 were sharing the connection just fine with IPNetRouter but now, using the same settings I had in the TCP/IP control panel previously doesn't seem to work on OS X. I read in a maccentral forum of a user getting this setup to work successfully and i HAVE gotten OS X connected(using DHCP) so I suspect it's possible. Any ideas??

Thanks,
Ali

Wht not switch your internal network from dhcp assigned addresses to static IP addresses. That is what I do.

Originally posted by frightweb
Wht not switch your internal network from dhcp assigned addresses to static IP addresses. That is what I do.

I've tried using an internal static IP address on os x with the os 9 machine using dhcp and running IPNetRouter but that's what's not working for me. When using the DHCP server option on ox x my connection works fine... but only with one computer. (As a side note, I've gotten both machines networked using DHCP but they're both assigned the same IP address from my ISP and after a while my DSL connection dies--something I've guessed has to with two machines having the same IP. So that really isn't a solution.)

-Ali

Back