Sharing a firewire drive

Macsiomoin

Registered
I have recently installed a quicksilver server with OS 10.1 and have configured the user and permission for access to it's internal 75gb drive. I can't however share my two 50gb fire wire drives even though they appear on the server desktop

The " ignore privileges" is not selected in the get information window, but when you go into "set sharing attributes" within the "server admin" the firewire drive is greyed-out. I have reformated the drive using apples disk utility but this has not solved the problem. As there is no balloon help in the server version of OSX I can't get any information as to why it wont allow me to set it as a shared device within the "set sharing attributes"

Any suggestions would be appreciated

I just set up a Jaguar server (10.2.8) a couple of weeks ago, and my firewire drive shared fine. I wonder if there are issues with 10.1?

In another location, upgrading Jaguar workstations to Panther rendered the firewire 400 drive to not show up on those volumes, even though the get info tab was set to "ignore priviledges".

Back