Sharing An Internet Connection From Pc to Mac

stroma

Registered
I want to wirelessly connect to my boyfriend's broadband on his HP laptop. I have Titanium G4 laptop. Can I do this with Airport? How exactly do I configure this and how does he also configure on his HP? Thanks.

Unknown from original post:
System / MacOS X verison installed.
Type of broadband service - DSL / ISP?
Manufacturer and model number of wireless router.

If this - 'I want to wirelessly connect to my boyfriend's broadband on his HP laptop', means 'I want to wirelessly connect to my boyfriend's broadband ISP service' - then you need to install a new or used original 'Airport' card into your Titanium G4.

'How exactly do I configure this ...' - System 9.2.2 (and earlier) verses MacOS X.

-----

If this - 'I want to wirelessly connect to my boyfriend's broadband on his HP laptop', means 'I want to wirelessly connect to my boyfriend's HP laptop' - then, you still need an original 'Airport' card and ...

... 'How exactly do I configure this ...' - then becomes, to mount his HP onto your Mac's 'Desktop' only requires you to know his HP's IP address (assigned by the wireless router), and any password he may require. Again, how to mount his hard disk drives on your 'Desktoop' is System / MacOS X dependent. Even each version of MacOS X handles 'Connect to Server' differently. Here is a Jaguar (10.2.x) vs. Panther (10.3.x) comparison. Tiger (10.4.x) shares Panther's interface.

'... and how does he also configure on his HP? ...' - To access your Mac from his HP, set up an optional password, and to obtain his HP's dynamically assigned IP address ... have him consult his computer's / OS's manufacturer, others, or the internet.

P.S. Here is a link of Airport related links.

Back