Sharing Multiple Drives AFP

Powermaster

Site Supporter
Can anyone give me a suggestion on how to Share 2 hard drives threw AFP?

The computer hosting the Drives are on a iMac Running 10.2.6.

Computer reciving is 9.2.2

Thanks!

I don't have a computer running 9.2.2, so can you tell me - doesn't the normal chooser-Appleshare thing work? I'm able to share multiple disks from OS X to OS X and from OS 7/8 to OS X, but there are known problems sharing from OS X to OS 7/8. I thought OS 9.2.2 would work. Do you have Appletalk ON on both computers?

I recently had to work this out for a small network off-site.
I had to share an external Firewire 120GB Hard Drive with other users on the network - all on OS/x, should work the same with OS/9 clients though.

download Sharepoints at http://www.hornware.com/sharepoints

It will allow you to share drives using AFS, SMB etc as opposed to sharing a single folder that is the default in the non-server version of OS/X.

Using the porgram is pretty straightforward - there's a help file at the website etc too.

The program is donation-ware - so its basically free and you can send the author some cash if its useful.

Hope that helps you out - I spent days researching it and this was the easiest solution I found - and aside from a few small permissions problems it has solved my problem and saved me buying os/x server and another machine to run it...

Sam.
Morris Alaska

Back