Sherlock 3 - cool or limited?

jotto4

Registered
bummer 1. Sherlock 3 eliminated the ability to search for peopel through the white pages and bigfoot. I used Apple Support search in Sherlock 3 to search through the Apple Knowledge base. I didn't find anything that tells you how to add these functions back in.

bummer 2. The Yellow pages option doesn't give an option to search for business type. example. If I need to take my car in for work, I cannot search under Auto:service. I have to know the name of the place. I'll have to keep using QwestDex.

bummer 3. Flights is slow in searching and only provides flight INFO. I would like it to search all discount ticket websites and let you purchase a ticket (like the Movie channel does for movies) That would be super useful.

Cool 1. Stock channel gives recent news links and all relevant info for basic investor. easy to use.

Cool 2. Movie channel is killer! no more moviefone searching for me!

Cool 3. translation is entertaining. Ich liebe Apple-Computer.

I stopped using Watson because of it's limitations. I will give Sherlock a shot for the next couple weeks.

I could go on. What do you like/dislike about Sherlock 3?

Bummer 4. Sherlock is slow to start up. It takes on the order of 20 seconds to load up the channels and become ready for use. I'm guessing that the channels are coming from somwhere else, but I'm on 768Kb SDSL, so that shouldn't be an issue. Of course, Sherlock has never been a stellar performer, so I don't know why I should be complaining about this now...

Cool 4. Sherlock doesn't do local file searches any more. That job has rightly been given back to Finder. Now I don't have to wait for Sherlock to load (see 'Bummer 4.' :) )

In my opinion, Watson is so much nicer. So may more choices also. I don't see myself switching to Sherlock.

Also I think it was great that apple took local file find out of sherlock. Much quicker now.

Twister

Bummer 5: (maybe my ignorance or lack of research thus far)... All info was localised to USA rather than lil' ol' England! (will check again tonight for settings).

Cool 5: Pressing Apple-F doesn't launch the damn thing anymore:p

Back