Sherlock

vivekjois

Registered
All my sherlock channels are displayed in Chinese/Japanese and not in English.....There was another question on this subject but no one had responded....I can't do my homework because of this problem......does anyone know how to reset the settings in Sherlock?

vivekjois said:
All my sherlock channels are displayed in Chinese/Japanese and not in English.....There was another question on this subject but no one had responded....I can't do my homework because of this problem......does anyone know how to reset the settings in Sherlock?

I found your question looking for and answer to a similar problem, in my case only the "translation" word in the channels bar change to a foreign language (Chinese, Spanish, etc) and then the channel logo dims and I am unable to restore it. As Viekjois, I'll also appreciate some help.

The same thing is happening to me on 10.4.2. On my other mac running 10.3.9 Sherlock works fine.

JockF said:
The same thing is happening to me on 10.4.2. On my other mac running 10.3.9 Sherlock works fine.

Yes, my problem also started when I updated to 10.4.2, but I updated all my Macs... :-(

yes mine seems to be doing the same thing. All my channels vanished and I can't get them back. Bummer

I also had these problems, and I love sherlock. Japanese characters, channels in Spanish.

I just found the solution in some other forums.
Simply delete the following from the
Library/Caches/Sherlock folder:
CheckPointCache.plist
WebFoundation (folder)

Then start Sherlock. Give it a few minutes to gather the channels from the web again.
After that everything worked fine for me.

Thank you!... I followed your instructions and my Sherlock is now working as fine as before. I love the program and I missed it in the last few weeks.

Back