Shiira Browser

this is the first time i have seen this browser, so i have NOT tried it yet. but does anyone have any thoughts on it? is it any good?

i read the macworld article a coupla months back that reviewed various browsers, but Shiira was not in the list. i guess it's too new.

::alien::

'is it any good?', yes.

'... this is the first time i have seen this browser, so ... i guess it's too new.', no - while it is new to you, it is not new.
Go check the copyright and / or version number in 'Shirra's 'About Shirra' dialog box.

Seriously, like the other Macintosh web browsers ('Camino', 'Firefox', 'Flock' [it is very new], 'iCab', 'Internet Explorer', 'Mozilla', 'OmniWeb', 'Opera', ''Safari', etc.) - 'Shirra' has its benefits, and its shortcomings.

It's been a while (possibly a version or two) since I've used it, but I ended up sticking with Safari. While it now benefits from PithHelmet the same way Safari does, I still can't use it regularly.

The two problems that keep me away are that the "minimum font size" option simply doesn't work (why do so many browsers have problems with this feature?!?), and that for some reason it can't handle Java like Safari. Aside from that, it seems like a pretty solid browser — better than Safari, probably.

The "reveal tabs" feature is very cool. It's like Exposé, only for tabs. Unfortunately, it's a bit slow.

I've used it, and liked it enough to help get a new localization for it some releases back.
I still like it.

All my experience so far is eye-candy appeal. I been using it to do some light browsing and see what is had to offer. Overall Safari is still my browser.

Back