Shortcut for screen shots not working, and QT Player won't update to version 6.1

dantjie

Super Cute Member
I've been using these short cuts for taking pictures of the screen since Mac OS 9, and well into Mac OS X. Since the last time I tried taking a picture of my screen with Mac OS X version 10.2.3, and now version 10.2.4 the short cuts no longer work.

I've noticed that if I use the Control key with the Command-Shift-3 or Command-Shift-4 (with or without the Space bar) it works, and allows me to paste the screen shot into my photo editing application.

Though I am still bum out about the fact that the normal short cuts no longer works for me. Anyone know as to what might be causing this problem, or am I the only one?

------

A totally different subject than the above. Since I have update QuickTime from version 6.0.2 to version 6.1, the QuickTime player will not update itself. I have uninstalled, and reinstalled QT over, and over again from the full self-contained disk image from Apple's website, and still not be able to get QT Player version 6.1.

Does anyone have a way to fix this problem? I have deleted anything, and everything that says QuickTime in it, and it still does not work.

With every installation it's QuickTime Version 6.1 Player Version 6.0.2.

Please help!!

Attachments

• machelpqt.jpg
    machelpqt.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 7
Back