Shortcuts

tonyn

Registered
How do i change my main shortcuts on osx 10.4 tiger. for example the shortcut in quark for step and repeat actually opens my dock instead of what it should do.

Thanks again

You should probably change the shortcut in Quark then... I know it's a drag that Apple from time to time just "takes over" keyboard shortcuts that professionals have been using forever in their graphics design software. But I don't think you can change the Cmd-Opt-D from sticking/unsticking the Dock.

You have two options:

01. Merely disable the 'Command <option> d' 'Automatically hide and show the Dock' feature of MacOS X 10.4.x.
02. Reassign 'Automatically hide and show the Dock' a different set of keyboard equivalents (shortcut).

For both options - perform the four steps below, then continue to either disable or reassign the keyboard equivalent.
01. Launch 'System Preferences' (via the 'Apple' menu or from the '/Applications/' folder), and select the 'Keyboard & Mouse' utility.
02. Within the 'System Preferences' window - re-titled 'Keyboard & Mouse', click on the 'Keyboard Shortcuts' tab.
03. Scroll down to the 'Description' 'Dock, Expose, and Dashboard', and click on the disclosure triangle - if it is not already pointing down.
04. Beneath 'Dock, Expose, and Dashboard' and indented, should be 'Automatically hide and show the Dock'.

To disable 'Automatically hide and show the Dock's 'Command <option> d', do the following:
05. Click on the check box to the left of 'Automatically hide and show the Dock', to remove the check mark.
06. Quit 'System Preferences'.

To reassign 'Automatically hide and show the Dock's keyboard equivalent, do the following:
05. Double click on 'Automatically hide and show the Dock's keyboard equivalent in the 'Shortcut' column.
06. Enter a new (and not already assigned) keyboard equivalent (shortcut).
07. Quit 'System Preferences'.

Back