Should the windows forum be recreated?

Should the Windows forum be recreated?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rhino_G3

Registered
In light of the many PC fanatics who seem to love this site so much, I propose we recreate a forum just for them. This way those who wish not to see the non Macintosh babble, don't have to. Personaly I don't think a windows forum belongs here but if it will keep all this stuff out of the way when I am looking for something Macintosh related, I am all for it.

What do you guys think?

It's unfortunate that the Mac community is not more tolerant of the PC community and vica versa.

A Windows forum would just draw Mac users to bash PCs and PC users would venture into the Mac forums to do the same.

I watch in disgust of how both Mac and PC users babble on about the other ones platform when in reality they have probably spent less than 15 minutes on a Mac or PC and know absolutely nothing about them.

I've run both OSs and while I favor OS X, there is nothing wrong with XP. They both do everything pretty much equally. Windows feels a little more responsive but OS X seems to make a lot more sense.

Anyway, disputing which OS is better goes on enough around here and bring back a Windows forum would only enhance that. I wish though both users would spend less time debating about which OS is superior and spend more time trying to learn about each others.

Originally posted by itanium
It's unfortunate that the Mac community is not more tolerant of the PC community and vica versa.

A Windows forum would just draw Mac users to bash PCs and PC users would venture into the Mac forums to do the same.

I watch in disgust of how both Mac and PC users babble on about the other ones platform when in reality they have probably spent less than 15 minutes on a Mac or PC and know absolutely nothing about them.

I've run both OSs and while I favor OS X, there is nothing wrong with XP. They both do everything pretty much equally. Windows feels a little more responsive but OS X seems to make a lot more sense.

Anyway, disputing which OS is better goes on enough around here and bring back a Windows forum would only enhance that. I wish though both users would spend less time debating about which OS is superior and spend more time trying to learn about each others.

Exactly. I hate the entire my computer is better than yours bull, I do like to see discussion about what the other side is doing. ALthough, unforutnately it has to be tainted by the who's better than who rhetoric sooner or later.

I used to be a windows user, if I liked it better I would have stuck with it. I prefer the mac... others don't.

The original purpose was that I'm sick and tired of seeing, and defending my choice of computers, in pointless Mac vs PC debates when all I'm looking for is a little info about my favorite OS. As I said, I have no desire to see a PC forum here. I would like a place for all this irrelevent crapola that seems to be accumulating in the Mac Rumors section lately.

Originally posted by itanium
Most Mac users I've met, both in real life, and online, are "switchers," and many switched because[/] of their extensive Windows experience. I agree with your statements when applied to PC users bashing Macs a lot more than I can the other way around. This is a Mac site, I come here to read and learn about Macs, and I hear plenty about PCs from people around me. In fact, that's a part of why I come to this site, too: I am tired of people constantly trying to make me look at stuff or hear info that supposedly makes my computer preference wrong, especially when what they are saying is either wrong, exaggerated, or misleading. I come hear because this is a site of Mac people, for Mac people.

IMO i think it would be a good forum, there are plenty of pc forums, but this would be a good part to have in a mac forum because some of us do use pcs as well and some of us do enjoy the company here, so why not be allowed to discuss or ask questions here in a special forum meant for mac users who also use pcs?

i say... at the very worst... it wont hurt, and you can move all the trolls posts there ;)

If there's something interesting to talk about in the Windows world, then why not? Cripes, much of what is discussed here is done using Microsoft and Windows as foils for 'the good stuff'.

Personally, to this day, watching or using any version of Windows gives me a profound feeling of unease, as if one false move might bring a 'friendly' help window or a fatal exception or whatever. My problems with Windows are purely aesthetic, as in, it still looks cheap (as of XP). They aren't based on any kind of technical knowledge.

If Mac people want to discuss Windows it shouldn't be a crime, but I'd have a problem with creating a Windows user hangout. That'd just be wrong. ;)

Well... This is called www.macosx.com. Why should macosx.com provide a Windows forum? We're here (M. N & R) to discuss Macintosh News and Rumours. And yes, sometimes Windows news are important to some of us. Just don't make such a fuss of it all. Let people discuss the latest Longhorn screenshots. There's plenty of other threads, and at least the thread IS called what it is, rather than all of the 'Eh?' or 'Look at this!' threads, which annoy me MUCH more in fact than the casual off topic thread I can ignore BECAUSE of a designated title.

I voted "no" also. I think it's good to hear about what's going on in the windows camp. I posted a thread regarding longhorn screenshots that turned into a battlefront. That's unfortunate but it takes two to tango.

Anyway, a little windows new will keep the forum alive. It's better than looking here every couple of days only to find out that apple doesn't have anything going on right now. Really, has the news been slow lately?

Back