shoutcast server 1.8.3 how to make it work

ericskilling

Registered
I seem to have a problem. I'm trying to get shoutcast server to work on my iMac. I've downloaded the binary from shoutcast and run via command line but when I check it on the shoutcast admin page it says the server is down. I've checked the "sc_serv.conf" file and everything seems to be in order but I just can't seem to figure it out. Any help is apprecaited.

Oh yes, to top it off my friend has it running on his windoze machine and I wanted to show him that it can run just as well on a mac. :)

Eric

Do you have a stream of music running to the server? I am not sure it will be liste don the Shoutcast page as active until you actually have a stream running? Also - there is a setting in the config to turn off/on the public listing of the server on the Shoutcast page - it is ON by default so unless you changed it you should be good. Another problem may occur iif you are behind a firewall/router.

If you want you can send me your config file and I will take a look at it and see if I can figure out whats going on. Send to bluehzATmac.com (replace the AT with @).

Back