Signatures in Mail 2.0

owaters

Registered
Hi people,

I am having some trouble setting up signatures in Mail 2.0.
In the signature preferences only 2 of my 8 email accounts are showing up, meaning I can only define signatures for those two accounts.

Anyone know how to add accounts to the signature section?

Cheers,
Ollie

Found the fix for people who face this problem in the future...

To get your accounts to appear in the signature section do the following:
1. Go to your Mail Preferences
2. Click the 'Accounts' tab
3. Select the account you wish to show up in you signature list
4. Click the 'Advanced' tab within that Account Info
5. Check the 'Include when automatically checking for new mail' box. If this box is already checked, then uncheck it. Move to another account so it gives you the option to save the change. Save the change, then go back and re-enable it.
6. Done

Your account should now appear in you Signatures section ;)

I went looking on Google for a solution to this very problem and came across this site. Thanks so much! Great site!

I have a related problem (though not the same one). I've set up two accounts and two signatures. Now when I create a new message and switch between the sending accounts in that new mail message window, the correct signature appears. So far, so good.

But if I _reply_ to a message (which was sent to my _second_ account), the correct account is selected, but not the correct signature. This looks like Apple just forgot about that...

Also there's a bug when editing a signature in Mail 2.0 - you should be able to drag in files (such as vCards) to embed into your signature as an attachment, but when you do, Mail doesn't accept the drag (although the cursor becomes the copy drag icon). Even the help files for Mail say you can, but you can't.. looks like Apple got sloppy with their signatures and didn't test them very well.

Back