Signatures...

darth

Registered
Hi,

Just out of interest... A lot of threads on this site have what the person has to say, and at the bottom shows their specs of their Mac(s) etc. I have this information on my account profile but it does not add it to any threads I submit.

And some people have a small picture too. How do I get the threads I submit to include this information?

darth

If I remember correctly, there was a requirement for picture + signature to have first 20 posts or so. So soon... ask & answer and you'll have it (the 20 posts) soon and then both :)

Yep, and the reason is spammers kept coming here with seemingly legitimate posts but spam links in their signatures.

Is it OK to ask 20 questions or do I have to solve the problems of 20 other members to be able to set my signature? ;)

If you start posting 20 questions all within a specific time period, the moderators will get an alert. You will look like you are a spammer.
Just respond to posts you know about or ask your question without being excessive. Permissions for a signature will come before you know it. Patience ;)

Those, who know me from other boards should already know that I am myself. I hope, my ;) smiley didn't slip your attention.

;) ;) ;)

I still can't find the option to create a signature. Can one of the mods direct me to the right place?

I should qualify meanwhile, don't I? ;)

Marcus

Go to User CP (far left link at the top of the fourms). Once there, look at the side bar at the left. Under Settings & Options you should see Edit Signature. Just click on that.

Argghhh! I am new here, but have been on Mac forums and lists for decades, since MUG BBSs. Been searching here for the sig option for an hour till I found this thread.

Seems this info should be in the user CP "This function is not available until you have made 20 posts..." or some such.

Back