SIIG ATA PCi Controller

acidtuch10

Registered
Hey there all, was going to purchase this ATA controller card from OWC --- SIIG UltraATA 133/100 Pro
High-speed dual channel Ultra ATA/133/100 controller for Mac computers -----

Just curious if anyone has used this and if so can give me some feed back on it // Running a B&W G3 550 mhz a 30 gig and 20 gig .

Thanks

I've been running one of these in a Beige G4 450 for almost a year now with no problems at all.

I remember when I first put it in I was AMAZED at the speed increase it gave me running a 30GB IBM ATA 100 drive.

The chips is an acard chip, so you can use all of their firmware updates, which is nice to keep up-to-date.
IIRC some people have problems sleeping with this card installed.. can't remember for sure.

checkout the XLR8 Your Mac Forums for more infos (do a search)

Hope this helps
-Dan

I recently bought a beige G3/266 DT from Ebay for $112.50 to use as an iTunes jukebox/cd burning station. I also put one of those cards in there to drive the 120GB Western Digital hd that I put in there. It is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay faster than the stock 4GB drive that was in there before. The card has worked flawlessly and I'm very happy with it.

Hey thanks for the info ~ Looks like I will be buying one :) ----

~ davidflas - hey from binghamton HUH ?~~ I am orig from Utica/Rome area ..

Just thought I'd point that out :) l

Have a question for you all ~

So I got my SIIG UltraATA 133/100 Pro model SC-MP4A12. Install went good, I shut down unplugged and pop this card into the 4th PCI slot < 1st slot has a Radeon 7000, 2nd slot has a Rage 128, 3rd slot has a 4 port USB card > and rebooted ... I pop in the 9.1 cd and create my partitions (1.5 gigs for OS9 and 27 for OSX) -- Install OS9 and all is good, pop in the 9.2 upgrade disk and follow through with the update –and reboot, that where everything stops, won't boot, no errors, nadda – OK so I reset the PRAM still no go, We’ll I go through 2 more installs like this with the same results every time. Seeing how 9.1 seems to work I have just left that on there and tried OSX, installed great and so far no issues.

So my question is this – Anyone know what could be causing this to happen? Why would OS9.1 install fine and 9.2 refuse to boot?

And secondly is there a utility to test and benchmark my drive running off this new card?

Thanks

Acid

Back