Silly error in buying Doom3

Barose

Registered
Hello folks, Johnny here. I think I've made a TERRIBLE mistake buying Doom3 on eBay: I didn't read the object description correctly and, though I got it from a UK seller, it's in...french. Entirely spoken in french. I don't have problems reading it, but understanding spoken french is another matter.

So my question is: is there any chance I might change the language? Maybe with a specific mod or something like that? Or, should I simply start learning french to enjoy doom?

Actually, I AM enjoying Doom3...I sneaked into the config section in the library and found out how to change the game language: it's located in Library/Application support/Doom 3/Base/DoomConfig.cfg

There's a string that reads seta sys_lang "insert language here"

Which is kind of nice :D

Too bad the e-mails on my pda are still written in French...and that is kind of odd. I'll probably have to mess around with the config some more...hoping not to ruin the game from the inside when I'm done.

I suspect the PDA is probably a bitmap graphic - hence the reason they dont obey the language selection parameter...

yeah...I can't actually find it anywhere in the library files. Not much of a problem though,I got a chance of reading them on GameFAQS....nothing interesting.

Back