Silly malloc.h problem

R1ck5P

Registered
HI,

I'm trying to install xmms using fink on my OS X box. But before, there are 39 packages I need to install in order to make xmms work. One of these packages is libmikmod (from mikmod.org). The configuration step goes like in butter but when it comes to make, things hang. It says:

make
make all-recursive
Making all in drivers
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
Making all in include
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
Making all in libmikmod
/bin/sh ../libtool --silent --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -no-cpp-precomp -I/sw/include -finline-functions -funroll-loops -ffast-math -Wall -D_REENTRANT -Dunix -I../include -I.. -I../include -DMIKMOD_H=../include/mikmod.h -c ../drivers/drv_AF.c
In file included from ../include/mikmod_internals.h:37,
from ../drivers/drv_AF.c:51:
/usr/include/malloc.h:264: parse error before `u_short'
/usr/include/malloc.h:264: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
/usr/include/malloc.h:265: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
/usr/include/malloc.h:270: parse error before `}'
make[2]: *** [drv_AF.lo] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
### make failed, exit code 2
Failed: compiling libmikmod-3.1.9-2 failed

(installing using Fink). I tried with the version 3.1.6 of the lib. Same thing happens, but before, the computer is able to compile 3 or 4 things. Then, the same problem occur. Could somebody help me?

Thankx

Looks like http://Fruitz-of-Dojo.de ported this library over.

The problem becomes install location if you are using fink ... if you are using their /sw/.... layout (which is a huge reason for me not to use fink because that causes more problems than it solves), then you will need to change the install locations from the sources that fruitz has provided and recompile.

Good Luck (I prefer gnu-darwin packages because they are decent ports and are placed in the correct location.

__nether

Back