Sim City 4 for Mac OS X?

Sirtovin

Senior Switcher Tech Guru
Anyone know at all if Sim City 4, will be Mac OS X, compatible... Please... Please say yes... :)

They have made every other version of Sim City in the past (months or years later than the PC) so I don't see why there won't be a Mac version (eventually).

- Bryan

Originally posted by bryantom
They have made every other version of Sim City in the past (months or years later than the PC) so I don't see why there won't be a Mac version (eventually).

- Bryan

When... :)

The question isn't "When?". It's "Who is making it?" If they pick the same company who made 3000, it will most likely suck. Let's hope WHOEVER they pick, they get it right.

I've been wanting to get my hands on this game since day one and I DON'T want to have to buy a PC to play a good version. PLEASE, Maxis. Get it right!

Now, if only they would find someone to port Roller Coaster Tycoon 2. UGH!

Originally posted by Jasoco
The question isn't "When?". It's "Who is making it?" If they pick the same company who made 3000, it will most likely suck. Let's hope WHOEVER they pick, they get it right.

I've been wanting to get my hands on this game since day one and I DON'T want to have to buy a PC to play a good version. PLEASE, Maxis. Get it right!

Now, if only they would find someone to port Roller Coaster Tycoon 2. UGH!

$250 dollars says this game will be slow as heck on VP 6 winXp pro... :) or won't work at all.

I'm still running SimCity 2000 under Classic.... and I love it! :D It's my reason for keeping my Mac OS 9 folder.

I am not a big fan of computer games. But I do want this game and that Age of god's (or something like that) game that is made by the Age of Empires people.

Thing about this version of SimCity is that it got bad reviews. They said it seemed rushed to the market, slow, and very glitch even with a powerful PC.

So here is hoping the Mac version will be better.

Matthew

Originally posted by Inline_guy
I am not a big fan of computer games. But I do want this game and that Age of god's (or something like that) game that is made by the Age of Empires people.

Thing about this version of SimCity is that it got bad reviews. They said it seemed rushed to the market, slow, and very glitch even with a powerful PC.

So here is hoping the Mac version will be better.

Matthew

Age of mythology was great on the PC... I hope it comes to Mac also... but Sim City 4... Seems cool if you follow the city building stuff... I did from old Sim City 1... back in my elementary days... till now my adult years.

SimCity 3 really sucked, but 4 does look better. And with Aspyr on the job who knows what we'll get. :)

Originally posted by Trip
And with Aspyr on the job who knows what we'll get. :)
Certainly we won't get an alpha or beta release *cough* Myth 3 *cough*.

I believe it will be for G3/G4 processors... OS X compatible... proabably 32mb of memory or better... Graphics card must be 32 mb or better also...

I'm about to buy a new PowerBook just so I can play SimCity 4 and I'll be seriously teed off if it doesn't run on 32 megs.

Huh? I was talking about the fine print on Aspyr's site about how the system requirements "may change before the games release."

If past experience is anything to go by, I'm screwed.

Originally posted by Guzz2k
Huh? I was talking about the fine print on Aspyr's site about how the system requirements "may change before the games release."

If past experience is anything to go by, I'm screwed.

like you said.... you might be screwed :confused:

Preliminary System Requirements (These may change before the games release):

Mac OS X, version 10.2 or later
Power Mac G3/G4, iMac G4/eMac, PowerBook G4 (DVI model or better), iBook (32MB VRAM model only)
Processor speed 500 MHz or faster
256 MB RAM
1 GB of free hard disk space available
Hardware 3D acceleration required: ATI Radeon or NVidia GeForce card (32 MB VRAM or better)

Have a look at insidemacgames.com, they're pretty up to date, they might have some news about SimCity 4. I haven't played it since SC 2000 which I love. I still drag it out occasionally. I got Civ III recently though, and lost a lot of hours to it! I suspect I'll lose even more when I get Champ Manager 4 :)

Back