Simple Mail problem.

rushaddict

Registered
Hopefully someone will know how to fix a simple problem such as follows: don't ask why and how I managed to do somethin so stupid, but I had my Uni mail account as well as my hotmail account working through Mac OS X mail (Tiger 10.4.4) and managed to accidentally rebuild my mailbox. This resulted in the inbox appearing empty. Since then, I have not been able to get the inbox to show me my old mail. I may be able to get new mail (not yet verified) but I sure as hell would like the other mail there as well. Additionally the rebuild was done accidentally and NOT because the mailbox was ridiculously full. Anyone know how to "reverse" the rebuild procedure? Or at least to get the mail back? Thanks again for any help!

Did you look in Users: Library: Mail and then the map that has your email address, click the icon inbox.mbox and look if it's still filled. When it's empty, you've deleted it during the accident and will never see it again. If the old stuff still is available, you might try to re-install mail and see if it picks it up again. To be sure make a copy of it somewhere else (desktop or so) so you'll be able to copy the content of that inbox to the new inbox.mbox that will appear in your library when you re-install Mail. Big chance you won't need it, but it might come handy.

So I was using my wife's computer and couldn't get my mail which is also on her machine. I kept going online and offline with my mailbox and my mail never appeared. So I saw the rebuild option and clicked. Now I have no mail at all and the 12,000 plus mails we share in our two mail boxes are reduce to 300 some odd. Help!
Is there ayway I can recover the stuff. Some magic software to download, a Command "Z"?

Back