Simple Media Player for mac OS X?

matt9b

Registered
Is there a simple free media player I can install on my mac, to be able to play music? itunes doesn't play 24bit files. Quicktime is unreliable and sometimes only plays the first 4 seconds and then cuts out. When Quicktime is working, it loads up a brand new quicktime player each time I double-click a music file. Logic is too big an application to use for this basic purpose, and takes too much time and fiddling when all you want to do is click-and-hear. I'm looking for something simple and common-sense, like e.g. Winamp or Windows Media Player on PC which always plays without fail, and don't do anything you don't want them to do e.g. loading up a brand new player each time you open a new file, resulting in many windows. Any ideas appreciated, as I would like to have the option not to have to turn over to my PC whenever I need basic functionality..

Thanks!

tried VLC player, it can't queue files in a playlist, and playing a .aif file, the sound stutters and it plays at different sample rate to the source file resulting in "chipmonk" sound..

I have tried windows media player for mac, but it won't play .aif files.

.aif is a file-type often associated with macs, I need, and would expect, any mac player to be able to play .aif files.. just looking for something hassle-free really, seems to be hard to find for mac.

Yeah... that really sucks... I wanted to play those files on mac... I want to play AVI, MPEG files but I really cant...

I also wanted to play OGM media files.... how can I do it? For PC, I use a program called Media Player Classic, is there any software for Mac OS X that does the same?

Thanks for the help.

Back