simple Omniweb question

tony

gamelaner
Hi,

When I launch Omniweb, it comes up as a small window (wider than it is tall). The first thing I do is to resize it to make it much bigger/longer.

But whenever I pop open a new window, it's the same size/shape as the original small window. I'm beginning to find this extremely annoying.

I know there has to be a simple way to change this behavior, but I've gone through the Preferences and I still haven't figured it out.

So what's the deal? Is the solution so obvious that I'm just not seeing it?

Thanks,

-tony

It's there, but not exactly obvious.
First get your window just the right size. Then go to Browser in your menubar, and the last item in the submenu is Remember Window Size (or words to that effect - I'm at work on a POS Dell WinNT box right now).

"Save Window Size" is exact wording. It still seems to only work about 2/3 to 3/4 of the time but it's a start. New windows from links still pop up in the reduced size for me which I like because i always know instantly that i am in a new window.

This one's so easy, everybody but me knows the answer, so I can't find it anywhere.

How do I make my Omniweb window fill the whole screen? Clicking the maximise button just toggles it up and down by a few millimetres.

:confused:

Thanks for the speedy response. I knew it would be simple - but not quite simple enough for me to work it out myself...

:D

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
It still seems to only work about 2/3 to 3/4 of the time but it's a start. New windows from links still pop up in the reduced size for me which I like because i always know instantly that i am in a new window.

It works 100% as intended. ;)

Plus I think the really-maximize is Shift_Click_Maximize-widget, not with option... At least on my Swiss German keyboards.

Back