Simple Property Plan

Madelin

Registered
I need to do a risk assessment on my house for part of my University project.

Im trying to make a property plan of the upstairs and downstairs of my house. I was using Word to do it as i could easily draw straight lines and set the length of each. However i cannot make some of the lines touch at the corners. When dragging the lines around the page they do not move smoothly but instead jump about 3mm at a time.

Q: Can i make it so i can move the shapes in Word 2008 smoothly so the lines will touch at the corners exactly?

If not, can you recommend any software which will allow me to create a simple floor plan. (preferably freeware)

Thank you

Simple enough. I tried seashore but that was crap. Ill try afew more though

If it jumps when moving, ther is usual an option = align to grid or something like that. Turn it off and it should move smoothly. Also you cn try to specify the positions, that might also work.

Good luck, kees

Cheers so much Kees. Couldnt find the option to stop the alignment rubbish but trying all the keys found that holding down CMD temporarily stopped the alignment thing.

Thank you both

I don't know how accurate your plan needs to be, but I find Google Sketchup really usefull. It really is simple to build 3D room plans as sketches. As with all these things there is a learning curve but the software is very intuative. And best of all it's free.

Cheers degsie. They didnt need to be too accurate and ive completed them with Word now. Ill keep that in mind for next years project. Thankyou!

Back