Site being upgraded, please check back later

djackmac

ACMT
I don't know if any of you ever get the error message or similar "Site being upgraded, please check back later" only on this site whebn clicking on threads and only in Firefox. Its been happening to me periodically and I used to blame it on the site. So most times as soon as it came it also went. Then there are other times it happened where clearing the browser cache would correct it. It started again recently a few days ago, so I figured i was the site. Came back next day and the same thing.
Noticed one extra symptom to throw in that Firefox would hog up all my CPU and make my fans on my macbook ramp up to 6000RPM. So I ran every cleaning script on Onyx, repaired permissions, dumped browser cache, etc..and still no love. So I started wondering if it was tied to my account on the site because through Safari I could view threads without the annoying error message coming up. So I logged out of my account and noticed a message on the site saying my cookies had been cleared by doing that. Now ever since then everything has been fine.
It could be coincidence, but as a professional tech my intuition that tells me the issue is solved is kicked in right now. Just something with these forums and the cookies. If it starts acting up again I'll post back to let all know if it was something else. Hope this helps someone else!

Back